Our approach is to blend the universal concepts of cognitive and social sciences, as presented in our educational programs, with the inherent and proud cultures and traditions of Indigenous Nations.
Through an interactive educational partnership with each individual tribal community, and keeping with the best practices as laid out in the “United Nations Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples,” The Indigenous Institute will deliver its life-changing curriculum while emphasizing the rights of Indigenous Peoples to maintain and strengthen their own institutions, cultures, traditions, and to pursue their development in keeping with their own needs and aspirations.
The Indigenous Institute will deliver its education in the following manner:
- We will build meaningful and respectful relationships with the Tribal Council, Elders, Spiritual and Community Leaders
- We will listen and learn about each individual tribe's unique heritage and circumstance, and designing the delivery of the education to meet their specific tribal needs
- We will be invited into the Community to present the education
- We will assist in the facilitation of the education to the Tribal Members
- We will continue after the delivery of the education with online and in-person follow-up to enhance and sustain its use
The Indigenous Institute uniquely designed the implementation of its education to help Indigenous Peoples and their communities to flourish, excel and achieve fulfillment in their chosen personal and cultural context. We do this while keeping our VISION statement at the forefront of our minds: “Thriving, hopeful, healthy and sovereign Indigenous Peoples and Nations living their traditional way of life.”